Tuesday, April 30, 2019

SJG vs SJW


I've recently discovered that I happen to "Like" Frog God games on FacetuBe, though I never bought any of their products. I happen to like buying Steve Jackson Games' GURPs sourcebooks, though I would never play a table-top session using the rules from them. I heard about some ban from some sorts named, all names uncertain, Christopho Thelton, Stacy Delearno(sic), and Jessy Pricetag getting Billy Web of Frog God games banned from a convention after hitting on a woman in a bar.

Details vary, but I hope that anybody that is an adult has been in this situation before. My side of the described experience was me totally drunk and some wonderful person smiling wryly and taking me home for a random sexual encounter. And let me tell you... (oops a gentleman never brags). There might've been some rejections, but I can only remember a handful. I think I have apologized to all of them at the time or at least only as late as the morning, plus a day or two allowing for hangovers-- In any case no one has sued me, pressed charges, or tried to enact boycotts on products bearing my name for such actions. I have been sued, had charges pressed, and have had people boycott my products without sexual infringement being the cause. The reader may assume that I have a storied past. But for being a creep? Apparently not so much so.

About being a creep, game-landers, where did you all grow up? Okay Bill Webb of Frog God games, whatever happened, apologize to the person involved, and to your wife if needed. Everybody else? It's really none of your business. As to the woman, pool boy, and/or animal tender that he hit upon, if you haven't received and apology to date, tack on about 10 thousand dollars for every month that he thought the offense would not arise. But if he's already apologized to you, what exactly are you up to? Speaking of being creepy, to the "libertarian" crowd in gaming; yes, Steve Jackson Games is as hard as nails, and toxic as rust, to any entity trying to deal with them legally. I wish they'd come up some games that aren't rehashes from '81.

No comments:

Post a Comment