Thursday, November 4, 2021

High Fantasy Season Begins

As the veil begins to thicken as the Feast of All Saint's Day takes place, the night before where the ghouls, goblins, and witches brought the spooky season, well month really, to its climax with Halloween. our mood as fantasists turns towards the broader brands of fantasies. I am already reading through the worlds of Revilo (Brian Colin), Chalt, and China Mieville's Bas-Lag so I am not behind the power curve. Little ideas are coming to be for maybe a Holiday Special like the Big Foot that Stole Christmas or Yetis Versus the Great Turkey, that depends on my energy level over the following weeks as I found a job that I like working full-time again. 

The newish Dune, newness depends on region where the viewer is, has me delving into some space opera for the gaming table this winter. I am trying to dwell on topics I think Frank Herbert was really on about, which was transhumanism, with the political history of West Asia being only used as a starting basis. Ecological adaptation is equally important in the books. Thanks to reading Dishaw's Fuchsia Malaise scenarios there will be a lot more Lexx than what one would expect. A GM does have to come up with twists on things to keep the regular and nearly so surprised. 

It has to be the sexy seasons of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment