Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Mental Scribbling

Got the goblin off my back
For some reason my weekend has been filled with me writing a quick game setting, Gangstas and Goblins, which while fun was a bit draining. 19 pages of typing, a few crappy illustrations by me, and Wallah! Oh that magic feeling when it's done. I can check emails again.  It will hardly sell, I know that, but I did get to get my notes on Types (that's classes to you who speak D&D) like Paladins, Witches, and Rogue sorcerers written. And I clarified in my head what style of urban fantasy that I'd like to run. The only thing is the hangover from all the beer, like 9, and then the four vodka cocktails, I drank while powering through the last parts. Bleg. I need to save binging creativity and partying for GenCon. Back to Spacers(TM): Universe where coffee and tea can be used for paragraphs not pages.



Is M. Mercer the Donald Trump of the RPG world? 
I like my web-series as much as anybody else. I was quite the fan of David Nett his Gold-an RPG series. I've gotten to watch the work of Eric Radic and Adam Rady from Walking in Circles evolve into Dragons & Stuff/Things. While I loved the movie The Gamers: Dorkness Rising, I dug seeing the gang, especially Jennifer Page, in JourneyQuest. But why is it that I keep hearing about the Critical Role or some such? I am not a D&D guy so I'm just not that into the informercial shows directly for the 5e. I guess the scandal around whether it's authentic or wrestling style table-top acting gives the show promotion as well as those involved in the back and forth. I suspect that in a year, the show or podcast or Youtube series or whatever it is will be just another RPG-oriented bit of culture struggling to keep the interest up. In short, he who lives by the crises dies by the ennui of the audience.

So here's my own crisis advertisement!
Buy it now. They are running out of paper for PDFs!

No comments:

Post a Comment