Saturday, February 20, 2021

Rough Spuds In the Oven

Somebody, Samwise Seven from MeWe.com, happened to mention that Dennis Hopper and David Bowie broke into a mental health ward to give Iggy Pop cocaine. I heard this tale back in 2014. Rehearing it has not made me believe it anymore than I did back then. But upon rehearing it, I did remember that I wrote a scenario for Wobble back in 2017 or so. You see, Beckett, of Beckett fame, and me were sitting around during some downtime at GenCon 2016 talking about the potential scenarios that David Bowie could lead to. He came up with the premise where players play "good" David Bowie personas versus the "bad" David Dowie (somewhere around Station to Station and Low). While making my notes up for that daydream, I stumbled across the Hopper, now Harry Dean Stanton, and Bowie and Iggy Pop tale again. So in a quick session, I got the work out of my system. Thank you Pery, Sea Shelly, and Jack for the time of our lives up to that point. Michelle did the best BowieS one can think of, while the other two looked on rather bemused, while waiting to roll two six-sided dice at my request.


So I woke up last night, at around 2:45am, I went to bed too early, actually. Still, I just had to find my notes on the scenario again. After digging through some already filed away things, I found the "Works Book", the journal where one makes notes notes during the day-to-day playing of games at tabletops, not so much video spots. Finding a half-filled notebook, right around the first third, I found my "Aladdin Sane Versus the Radio Apes". Done before Wobble  was even going to be a product. I was still confusing the T&T MR versus  Red Bat's (was the system even called that back then?) the Quick.
Then I rediscovered about a dozen others. Well, I stayed up until 4:45am or so, reading and beaming with pride at all the scenarios that I had written within two pages. Even interspersed among Spacers notes, my Wobble  items dominated the schoolyard primer.

I really was on some rolls there. Perhaps, since releasing Wobble, I have been worried a little too much about how things look. I am going to to try to motorcycle start some sessions again.


No comments:

Post a Comment