Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Charlie Wylie: Not Your Average Coyote

Charlie Wylie,
Comic Book Expert, Public School Teacher, Roleplayer Extraordinaire
Born April 7th, 1977
Passed in January 2021


A friend has passed away. Charlie Wylie of Oklahoma was a public school teacher and comic book expert. Charlie Wylie was not a writer or an artist for us, but he was a damned good roleplayer and was all about being there for as many games as he could make it to. From our clique's continuing ICONS campaign, to the D&D campaigns, to the Red Bat sessions, he was there. With his death in late January PeryPubbers has lost one of our own.
While most of my intimates despite being hundreds of miles apart, we call caught COVID-19 around the same time, and it looked as though all of us would recover over time, but that was not the case.
He was a friend to my wife more so than me, but I know that he loved teaching and his students loved and trusted him. He definitely was one of the people that make Peryton Gamers such a great thing to be a part of.
On February 5th, our ICONS group got together to wake him. We did this in roleplaying fashion. His most famous character Disco, he like his mother, Sparkler, was a student of Dazzler. His PC saved the Earth and his native Marvel City New Jersey in the Scrapiverse by becoming a herald of Galactus.  The next day, his actual memorial service took place-- I did not know that when I ran the scenario, but I was so happy when I found out.
I apologize to him for taking so long to get around to memorializing him. He was and will be one of our best spirits.


1 comment: