Saturday, December 11, 2021

Why is a lot of OSR so Damned Shady?

Okay. Today multiple OSR guys on my FacetuBe feed have either directly asked for money for some amorphous something or another somewhere requiring tens of thousands of dollars to take place or they have sent me phishing attempts. When asked to what the fuck they are saying, I get responses like, "I promise to try to get to the bottom of this scam, so figure out how you can send me money" or "Don't open." When pressed a littler harder, I am hearing that everyone was hacked.

https://photo4.lpc02.com/HtHkcNpk

Is the example of the phishing link that I have to share.

This comes after the Nu TSR folks getting their name splashed across the tabletop RPG news lines with even some diaper bullshit after sending themselves some fake email threats to get the OSR rallying around them at GaryCon- to most likely get up to 40 ppl, out of the 1,900 ppl attending, swinging by their bean-bag and hot cocoa used paperback spot.

Really makes it hard to trust the OSR visionaries if this is their brave, new world of true tabletop gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment